|Dear Staff & Clients:
Please click here for an important update
regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus) »
Lead is a metal that has been used to make things for thousands of years because it is very long lasting. Elevated lead levels are a common problem for children under six years of age. Elevated lead levels can harm the way a child's body and brain can grow. It is strongly recommended that all children get a blood lead test at 12 months and again at two years.
Radon is a colorless odorless gas resulting from the natural decay of uranium and is naturally occurring in MN soils. Radon gas enters homes from the soil into your basement and home. Radon is the second leading cause of lung cancer deaths in the United States. Short term and long term radon tests kits are available at the Countryside Public Health Offices. If you have questions regarding mitigation of high levels of radon contact the Environmental Health staff in Benson at 1-800-657-3291 or email: EH@countryside.co.swift.mn.us
Mold in your home can cause health concerns. For information on mold exposure and advice on finding and removing mold contamination you may contact the Environmetal Health staff in Benson at 1-800-657-3291 or email: EH@countryside.co.swift.mn.us or visit http://www.health.state.mn.us/divs/eh/indoorair/mold/index.html
Carbon Monoxide poisoning can happen at any time of the year, but the danger is more common during the winter. Hundreds of people die from carbon monoxide poisoning every year, and thousands of others suffer from dizziness, nausea, and convulsions. For more information visit http://www.health.state.mn.us/divs/eh/indoorair/co/index.html